I can now post about what I've been up to. Basically, the week is devoted to work. It's not that my job is ultra hard or anything, its just that the hours require you to give up your day. Here's my typical Tuesday - Saturday schedule:
- 9:00am - Alarm goes off, I hit snooze every 5 minutes until my next alarm goes off
- 9:30am - Repeat
- 10:00am - Repeat
- 10:30am - Get up!!! You're gonna be late. I sleep like absolute shit here. I'm not down with the 1 inch futon sitting on the floor. I think I could easily get up at 8:30 or so if I didn't wake up about 3 times every night.
- 10:40am - I'm dressed and out the door. I keep a giant pitcher of coffee and milk in the fridge, so I guzzle some of that for breakfast. Sometimes I eat a piece of toast. Very rare.
- 10:50am - If I hit all the lights on the ride to work it takes 10 minutes. Everyone in Japan rides on the sidewalk. Except me. I ride in the road. I may get seriously injured. I don't think the "share the road" concept applies in Japan
- 11:00am - Usually a baby class for 40 minutes.
- Break time - On all days but Saturday I have a fairly long break before more classes. Like 2-3 hours. I'll get lunch, read, kick it with Tracy... I mean I spend all that time preparing for my next class...
- 3:00pm - Random classes for the next 5 hours. All levels. Some are great. Some suck balls. Most are just so-so.
- 8:00pm - Leave work. I go straight home. I'd love to find a nice little bar where I could hang out, but I can't. Japanese drink at Izakayas, which are kinda drink / food places. More for hangin with a group of friends then just random chilling.
- 9:00pm - After I get home, shower, start dinner, its usually around 9pm. Channel 1 News at 9 time! 1 hour of news in English. It's local news though, so it's usually just people complaining about the weather. And then the last 2 minutes talks about the fact that the whole Middle East is a war zone.
- 10:00pm - 1:00am - Various acts of chilling. Beer is usually consumed with dinner. Often I watch a movie. Or go to the store. I wish I could say that there are crazy antics that go along with the crazy signs in my area... but it's just normal out here.
- 1:00am - 4:00am - Usually toss and turn on my crappy futon. Seriously... it fucking sucks. I actually have a sore vertebrae. Just one... but it's sore like nothing else. I will find a real bed...soon.
Post a Comment